So you need a new careers website?
Investing in a new careers website can sometimes be a daunting decision to make, but it’s one that offers untold benefits not only for your traffic rates, and the amounts of applications you receive, but for your company’s branding and reputation.
With the unemployment rate in the UK at an all-time low, competition to find the best-qualified candidates on the market can be fierce. Companies who are looking to fill vacancies need every advantage they can get if they want to beat competitors and secure the perfect candidate to help them expand their customer offering and grow their business.
What advantages can a new careers website offer you?
- A well-built careers website makes your new employee’s candidate journey easier than ever. Many careers websites suffer from a large drop in traffic between viewing a job and actually applying for one; one reason for this is that many application processes and applicant tracking systems provide long and clunky application processes which puts off good quality applicants. Making it easy to apply to jobs is critical in a competitive market place. Being able to apply at the touch of a button decreases the number of steps needed to send off an application and will therefore decrease the overall drop-off rate on a careers website.
- It creates a branded space where you can promote your company’s culture and values, rather than relying on an anonymous job board to advertise your vacancies for you. Careers websites are an essential part of employer branding and allow employers to use persuasive, instructive content to increase the quality of applicant- especially as 75% of job seekers consider an employer’s brand before applying to any job with them.
- Many companies rely on ATS systems like Taleo to display their jobs for them, but this creates problems as any jobs you post will be hosted on a different server. Integrating your careers website with an ATS will make your jobs visible on Google, boost your SEO and improve your application rate.
- A good careers website will be built to boost your online visibility on Google, and make it easier than ever for candidates to find you.
- Want to engage candidates? A careers site is the perfect place to do so. Not only are your jobs easy to find, but by including the latest functionality like predictive search or a well-structured and categorised blog, you’ll make your site easy to browse. You can even personalise the site, so each candidate is shown jobs and content based on their previous search history… the sky is the limit.
- With the majority of job searches starting on Google, a well optimised careers website can save a significant amount of recruitment marketing and job board spend.
Interested? It’s easy to find out more: on this site you’ll find advice, videos and tips on how to create the perfect careers site. Whether you want to improve your job adverts or your functionality, you’ll find it here.